We know that keeping up with your oral health can be tough. How many times do I need to brush my teeth a day? Should I be flossing constantly? Is daily fluoride regimen healthy? These may be questions that you have asked yourself. But have no fear; Tempe Smiles is here again to help you out! We’re the AZ family dentist who cares!
- Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day.
- Most people will not brush for correct amount of time. Dentists recommend that you brush for at least 1 minute during each session.
- Don’t neglect your back teeth! Gum disease can start in the back of the mouth so always remember to hit those molars!
- It is imperative that you floss EVERY day. This is your greatest defense against gum disease and periodontal disease.
- If you don’t like flossing with traditional floss you can use flossettes which are portable disposable flossing tools that some people prefer.
- If you have braces ask you’re about options to get in between the braces.
- Dentist’s recommend that you visit at least twice a year to maintain optimal oral health.
- If you are suffering from periodontal disease your dentist may recommend that you visit closer to four times a year.
- There are three different methods for teeth whitening.
- In office procedures. The most effective but also the most expensive
- Tooth whitening strips. These are inexpensive but take about three weeks to work
- Tooth Whitening toothpaste
Have we not covered all of your questions? Come visit us and speak with your dentist for more information on procedures and oral health.